Welcome to the William Barton Rogers School
The William Barton Rogers is a small middle school with students in grades 6-8 located in Hyde Park. At the Rogers, we are building community leaders and lifelong learners every day. We have an exciting learning environment, where students are respected and expected to learn, and where necessary skills and opportunities for students to reach their full potential are provided. We are committed to continuing a tradition of excellence for our school community. Our core values at the Rogers are; Responsibility, Respect, Responsiveness, Resourcefulness, & Resiliency.
What makes us special?
We specialize in supporting and challenging our middle school students to demonstrate leadership and learning daily. We offer extended learning time through our partnership with City Year and other partners. All of our students demonstrate their pride in the Rogers with their student uniforms. We are particularly proud that we are a place for ALL students. We offer academic supports for students with disabilities and English Language Learners in an inclusionary environment. This is what we are about at the Rogers:
• Extended class time to support core subjects
• An exciting and fun community to be a part of with high quality instruction and individualized attention for every student
• Many sports including boys and girls basketball, soccer, squash, baseball, volleyball, track, cross-country, football, cheerleading, hip hop dance, and bachata dance
• Physical Education, the Arts and Technology classes
• Challenging homework every night
• Academic supports for students in need (after school & Saturdays)
• Frequent parent communication