New Employee Information
Dear New Employee:
Congratulations! We are excited that you will be joining the Boston Public Schools team. Working for the public of Boston means that there are a lot of steps you need to take to be employed, so please review the following carefully. After printing and completing all necessary paperwork, please come to Human Resources at 26 Court Street in Downtown Boston to submit it.
1. Complete Now: State Ethics Reform Law
As of December 2009, all new employees of Boston Public Schools must acknowledge receipt of the Summary of the State Ethics Reform Law and complete the online training.
- Print and Read the Summary of the Conflict of Interest Law for Municipal Employees.
- Take the Online Training Program. At the conclusion of the training, print your certificate.
Chapter 28 of the Acts of 2009, the recently enacted ethics reform law, imposes new mandatory education and training requirements on public employers and public employees. Every state, county, and municipal employee must be given a summary of the conflict of interest law prepared by the Ethics Commission and must complete an online training program prepared by the Commission. Every municipality must designate a liaison to the Commission.
2. Review and Complete: New Employee Forms
Filling out your forms before you come in to Human Resources will save you time and effort. Please print out and fill out these forms.
- For Teachers
- For Substitute Teachers
- For School Administrators (principals and assistant principals)
- All Other Positions
3. Be Aware: Benefits and Resources
- Review Employee Benefits
- Review Employee Resources
- Read BPS New Employee Technology for information about how to access our internal applications.
4. Give us Feedback!
Let us know how we are doing! Take the Onboarding Survey