See also Superintendent Carol R. Johnson's "Acceleration Agenda."
This section highlights the major district-wide initiatives that Boston Public Schools has undertaken to accelerate student achievement and ensure that all students graduate from high school ready to succeed in college and beyond. Key areas of investment include the following:
- closing access and achievement gaps so that all children are performing at high levels and achieving proficiency;
- expanding early childhood education opportunities to provide all children with a strong and early start to their formal education;
- "Graduation for All", an initiative to ensure that every student graduates from high school with the skills and knowledge to succeed in college or other post-secondary education;
- expanding K-8 options in response to families' desires for more programs that offer educational continuity throughout the elementary and middle grades;
- Investing in and supporting high-quality teachers, who inspire our students and can help other teachers excel in the classroom;
- expansion of arts and music programs; and,
- the Boston Public Schools' Learning & Information Network for the Community (LINC III) Technology Plan, a living document that guides the district's use of technology from 2006 to 2009.