The Edwards Middle School is an expanded learning time school for all students, with an emphasis on social-emotional learning via our innovative new “CREW” advisory program. CREW unites students, teachers, and families to discover their best selves to build a better world. Through this program, students are offered additional academic and social-emotional support while they are building a relationship with an adult in the building who serves as an advocate and champion of their success and learning at the Edwards.
We are the school of choice for students interested in extra academic support and the arts. Our art curriculum includes instrumental and vocal music, theater, dance, and visual arts. Our Expanded Day program allows us to offer extra academic help as well as a range of art, sports, leadership, and enrichment activities.
- Extended learning time for all students, with an emphasis on social-emotional learning via innovative new “CREW” advisory program. CREW unites students, teachers, and families to discover their best selves to build a better world.
- Focused on good citizenship and character development and prioritize student leadership by providing community service opportunities throughout the course of the year.
- Performing arts theme, with classes in instrumental music, dance, musical theater, drumming, keyboarding, and chorus.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) program with hands-on design and building projects
- Extensive enrichment activities for grades 7 and 8 students, including musical theater, community service, swimming, tennis, stepping, basketball, football, soccer, and track
- Acceleration Academy during February and April vacation providing academics and enrichment to selected students
Guaranteed assignment for students from the Adams, Bradley, Guild, Harvard/Kent, O’Donnell, Otis, P. J. Kennedy, and Alighieri Montessori
Special academic programs
America SCORES Boston soccer, Boston Debate League, Boston Celtics, Citizen Schools, City Sprouts, Sports Museum, Boston Partners in Education, EF Education, Charlestown Boys and Girls Club, Charlestown Community Center, Charlestown MGH Health Center, Arbour Hospital, Harvard University, Boston College, Boston University, Converse, Project 351, City Year Care Force, Dana Farber, Soul Train, Charlestown Substance Abuse Coalition, Connecting Families and Schools
After school programs in our building
- Sports, clubs, and other activities offered after school each day