Boston Day & Evening Academy
A student-centered, competency-based public charter high school, BDEA serves BPS students who are overage for high school, who have had trouble with attendance issues, have been held back in 8th grade, who feel they are not getting the attention in class that they need to succeed, or who have dropped out but want to return to school to earn their diploma.
What Makes Our School Special:
- A Horace Mann Charter School serving 380 “off-track” students in two programs: day or evening
- Personalized attention for all students, with supportive academic and enrichment programming, small student-teacher ratios, full time student support services, and counseling
- Vibrant atmosphere for students who have not experienced success in other schools: Students progress at their own pace and earn a diploma when they have demonstrated competency
- Learning Lab staffed full-time to help students catch up with missed work or accelerate their learning outside the classroom
- College and career courses (internship and enrichment) offered throughout the week
- Support for strong home-school connections through advisory and student support team
- Emphasis on student agency, including taking responsibility for their own education and personal growth
- A Post-graduate Planning Center that involves students at enrollment in planning for life after high school
- Strong partnerships with arts and community organizations that help support student learning and habits of success
- Whole-school focus on strong relationships and listening to student “voice”
- Supportive, trauma-sensitive, respectful, welcoming, non-judgmental, joyful culture and climate
- Year-round admission: Call 617-635-6789 ext. 102 for details.