The Dante Alighieri Montessori School provides children with individualized learning goals. Our classrooms are mixed aged classrooms. We currently have children ages 3-9.
Classrooms are mixed-age communities where children and adults work side by side in beautiful, child-centered environments. Special Montessori learning materials encourage concentration, coordination, order, and respect. Our curriculum includes Culture Studies (social studies), Reader’s Workshop and Creation Stories (science).
What makes our school special:
- Full-day Montessori program
- Mixed age classrooms
- Hands-on Montessori curriculum
- Montessori certified teachers
- Individualized instruction
- Strong emphasis on early intervention
- Newly renovated building and beautifully prepared environments
- Outdoor learning, including gardening
- Integrated art and music
- Family-friendly community, including open houses, orientations, celebrations, and potluck suppers
- Special admission: Due to the unique nature of the child-focused learning, experience with the Montessori method is needed for students entering grades 1-6. Students interested in applying will have their names sent to the Alighieri. School staff will contact families in random order and determine their level of experience with the Montessori program and then offer a student an assignment if a seat is available.
- Guaranteed assignment to Edwards Middle School or Umana Academy
Special academic programs:
- ESL instruction for all English Language Learners five days a week
- Special education provided two days a week
- National Center for Montessori in the Public Sector, East Boston YMCA, East Boston Harbor City School, East Boston Health Center, MFA, and Boston Ballet